Jobs Category: Uncategorized
Want to be part of a team that loves to eat? Join UnTour in promoting China as a cultural and culinary destination to guests from around the world. We are looking for a full-time Operations Manager to handle guest relations, manage bookings, and lead tours.
UnTour Food Tours is a top-rated walking culinary tour company made up of a small crew of passionate foodies. We cater to tourists and expats who want to know more about authentic local foods and neighborhoods. Since 2010, we’ve taken tens of thousands of guests on eating adventures in China, with extremely positive feedback and many guests reporting back that it was the highlight of their time in China.
What We Do:
Guided, informal, three-hour walking tours highlighting tasty, authentic eats, cultural tidbits, culinary heritage and history. Our guides don’t carry flags, and we mostly do small public tours in addition to corporate and educational groups. Each tour has 4-6 tasting stops in neighborhood restaurants that are popular with locals but may be intimidating for outsiders.
About the Position:
As Shanghai City Manager, no two days will ever be the same. Your day-to-day duties will consist of:
• Handling tour logistics, including route changes and communication with vendors and guides
• Representing the brand at networking, industry and sales events
• Management and recruitment of tour guides and other support staff
• Ongoing projects, that could include activities such as hiring, tour route design, seasonal tour creation, charitable activities, marketing initiatives and more.
• Leading tours several times per week, in addition to being available on an-on-call basis
• Capable of effectively managing people in both English & Mandarin
• Excellent attention to detail plus communication & organizational skills
• Ability to learn quickly on the job
• Can work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
• Highly organized & professional demeanor
• Positive attitude
• Love for China and Chinese food in particular
• Extensive China experience & 18+ months residency in Shanghai
• Additional European and/or Shanghainese language skills a plus
How to Apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the application at untourfoodtours.com/ShanghaiCM
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.