East China University of Political Science and Law is one of the first higher political law schools founded in New China. In June 1952, with the approval of the East China Military and Political Commission, the law departments, political departments and social departments of nine institutions, including St. John’s University, Fudan University, Nanjing University, Dongwu University, Xiamen University, Hujiang University, Anhui University, Shanghai College and Zhendan University, were merged to establish the East China University of Political Science and Law at St. John’s University. In 1958, the school was incorporated into the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences; in 1963 it was re-established and enrolled the following year; in 1966, enrollment was discontinued, it was abolished in 1972; and in March 1979, it was approved by the State Council for a second resumption. In March 2007, with the approval of the Ministry of Education, the school was renamed East China University of Political Science and Law. The school is a university-managed in Shanghai. The current party secretary, Professor Guo Weilu, and The President, Professor Ye Qing.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.